Thursday, May 27, 2010

We are alive......well, sort of

So, I can't remember the last time I posted (I forgot to look before I went to post) but I know it has been quite a while. Since I am the only one who posts on here it is up to me, but I have had a stupid bad sinus cold the last couple of weeks. In fact we all had it but everyone else's lasted less than a week. Mine I think is returning :( which is making me mad and frustrated. And I am pretty sure I had a small bought of a flu virus in there to mix things up a bit. Oh yeah, I am pregnant so yeah that always helps. Then you add in kids, callings, family stuff, more callings, work.....you get the picture. I am lucky to be alive right now. But really, we are ok, just had a rough bit with illness.

So, on a positive note, last night Geoff had an elders quorum party at our hourse (yipee, something else to add to the list of things to do - Geoff did quite a bit though) and while I was getting the house ready I was vacuuming down the hall towards Kenton's room and looked up to see my two kids looking like something out of a book I grew up reading. Think of the beginning of the Cat and the Hat with the two kids sitting on chairs staring listlessly out the window waiting for their mom to return. This was the image I got. Kenton had woke up a little earlier and Kinsley went in to play with him with his gate still up in the door way - which makes it easier for me to clean that way. Well, they were both sitting there - Kenton on one of the riding toys and Kinsley on a wagon of blocks - staring listlessly at me, waiting for me to finish. I got such a good laugh out of it. When I finished vacuuming, I went to get the camera. I tried to capture the moment the way I saw it, but Kinsley wouldn't stop pretending to yawn and Kenton wouldn't sit down. It was a great moment anyways. Just thought I would share :)
ps. I did do Kinsley's hair that morning, but somehow she always manages to look like this by lunch time. Whatever.

No comments: