Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas!! (at last)

ok, so I am just now blogging about the whole month of December (which happens to include one of the biggest holidays of the year). I figured since everyone posts about theirs at the beginning of the month of January, I would do it at the end and give everyone a new Christmas to read about :D . Actually, I just never had the time and am just now getting to it. Oh well, nice thought though huh? So anyways, Christmastime is always busy and there was a lot that happened so I am going to try and keep this short. So this is us decorating our beautiful, fake, shorter-than-Geoff Christmas tree.


Kinsley did most of the decorating. So you can imagine it was starting to get a bit lopsided so daddy stepped in and helped. Kenton sat on my lap and helped hand out the ornaments. Perfect set up if you ask me!
Then we had the Breakfast with Santa that our ward put on. This was the first year that Kinsley liked Santa (last year she had a death grip on Geoff and wouldn't let go) and Kenton just couldn't stop starring at him.





The second counselor in our Bishopbric brought his firetruck (a personal toy of his - no he is not a fireman) and let everyone play around on it, and even put on the equipment/clothes he stores inside. The decal that says Radiator Springs - that is not a fluke: he put it on himself. I just thought it was funny and so like him. He is such a kid at heart!The biggest surprise of all was our freak snow storm we got a week before Christmas. It was 36 degrees outside and a blizzard! We got a good 6 inches at our house alone. Other parts of Vegas got almost a food!!! I thought this was a dry, hot desert! Yeah, we sledded down our driveway and in the street! I never thought I would see a white Christmas in Las Vegas!
I will continue posting the rest of December and Christmas later. It is too late tonight.




1 comment:

Brianna said...

Snow before Christmas is so fun. But I could deal with one snow every year.