So the first day of school was August 30th. She has the morning session and has been excitely anticipating the first day of school, but with bits of anxiety as well. I have too, to be honest. We had an interesting morning. It took me until I was taking her pictures to figure out that she was reacting due to nerves. She was having emotional melt downs and fits of anger off and on all morning. By the time I was taking the pictures we were all a bit of an emotional wreck, but I still managed to get a few good pictures. Kenton got jealous and had to have his pictures taken as well. So, getting to school was an awful crowd of cars and people. It took me 45 minutes from the time we left before Kenton and I were driving away! We parked and walked Kinsley into school. She was still anxious about going until we got into the classroom which we had visited the week before to meet the teacher and then she walked straight to her desk and sat down, waiting for class to start. I had to remind her to actually give me a hug and say goodbye. She was sooo ready to be there and excited to be there. Kenton went to sit down at the desk next to her, thinking he was staying as well, and was in all an uproar to hear we were leaving. He was devastated to know that his best friend was staying and he had to leave. He cried halfway down the hall before realizing he was going to live. It is really cute how attached he is to Kinsley. They have so much fun together (most of the time) and it is so understandable that he would be upset about having to leave her side for the morning.
So, since we had such an interesting time getting into school, I didn't have any time to take pictures when we got there so I took a few pictures when we picked her up. Kenton ran right up to her when she got up and gave her a hug. My emotionally charged daughter of the morning had turned into a excited ball of excited words of her first day from what they did, her new best friends, and so on and so on. She really was cute about it! I am so glad that it was such a good experience. I had a horrible fear that she would come out the first day in tears and swear she would never return because it was such an awful experience....but that is the parent in me. I was so glad to know she loved it and she has loved it ever since. She has gotten into her wardrobe (mostly) and looks forward to going to school everyday. She was disappointed for the first week because she didn't get any homework. We assured her there would be plenty to come...unbeknownst to her that she will rue the day that she wished for homework. I have a video of her telliing me about her first day of school, but I am too tired to include that right now.
1 comment:
So cute! I can't believe how grown up she is. It was so, so good to see you guys! We have to do that again, and sooner than 4 years this time. Glad Kinsley loves school!
Post a Comment