Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jump start morning

Before I tell you of our holiday weekend, I figured I would tell of what happened last Friday morning. So, Geoff was leaving for work kind of early and the kids were not out yet. Sometimes that means that they are just playing still and sometimes they are still asleep (more likely the first). So, he comes in to wake me to tell me that he is leaving and that the kids are still in their rooms. I hear him quietly leave and I start to drift off to sleep again when I hear some ear piercing screaming coming from Kenton. I quickly jump out of bed and as I am heading for his room I hear him calling for daddy. Kinsley comes out as well and tells me he doesn't want me (duh!) he wants daddy. I tell her that is too bad since he is gone. The more I listen the more I hear, "DADDDYYYY!!! NOOOOO DADDDDYYYY!!!" I opened the door, and even though his voice was not muffled at all, I couldn't see him. It took me a minute to realize that he was sitting on top of his bookshelves and behind the blinds looking out of the window. He must have been sitting like that when Geoff left and seen him leave. He was just so heartbroken that daddy would leave without saying goodbye. So we called daddy and chastised him for leaving like that :). I still smile when I think about this. Kinsley and Kenton absolutely treasure their daddy and while they are ok when he leaves in the morning, it is obvious that he better say goodbye when he does it!

No comments: