My Grandpa Connell died February 26, 2008. We thought it was only a matter of time before my grandma died. Well, she definitely had some sort of mission left on earth because she survived 2 more years. She died February 25, 2010. My grandpa was extremely dedicated to my grandma and when he died we figured that he wouldn't let grandma out of his care for long. I kept picturing in my mind him telling the Lord that he wanted her back, but being told she still had things to do here and to give her 2 years. So, almost to the day she passed away. Her death was so much easier than my grandpa's. His was unexpected, while hers....well, she has had really bad health problems for as long as I can remember. It was definitely more of a blessing for her to see her leave this mortal life behind. I can just picture her running around, finally free or her body and mind. It is still sad to know that both of my dad's parents are gone, but it is so freeing to know the Lord's eternal plan for all of us. I know I will be with them again and I look forward to getting to know my grandma, her real self!
Sloane and Tess - 21 months old
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment