Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Change partII

Umm, yeah. Sorry I forgot to say our callings I guess. So Geoff is the Elders Quorum President and I am the 1st counselor in Young Womens. Since Geoff was going to be president we would have had to be at the same meetings, so I got released as well. I am having mixed feelings about it. I already miss Primary and loved being apart of it, but am excited about being in Young Womens. I know it was time for a change so I am ok with it, but it is still sad to leave.

So, I have learned that Kinsley really doesn't handle change well at all. She started preschool today and was so excited when she woke up! She changed clothes 3 times and chatted animatedly all morning.........until we got there. Then she suddenly burst into tears when we got in the room. She said she didn't know the teachers and didn't think she would like them. The only one that was still there is the actual teacher of the high school class, Miss Zimmet, and she came up and gave Kinsley a big hug. She was ok after that, but when I went to pick her up she said she didn't have fun and didn't want to go back. I think she did have fun, but the change of teachers she was not prepared for. She will have fun, it just might take a while before she is used to everyone.

Kenton and I went shopping while she was at preschool. He definitely didn't like to be the only one with me. He kept whining and was bored beyond belief. He usually has Kinsley to pick on (Yes, he does the picking on her most of the time) and she was not there. I guess change is good, but hard for all. I think Geoff is the only one handling the change the best.

3 comments:

The Clews Crew said...

Congrats on the callings. Sound incredibly busy, but I'm sure will be fun too. Poor Kinsley. Change is hard on little people. And I think little brothers are just born with the picking on instinct of something.
Oh and I'm sorry the tic-tac-toe scared Kinsley.

Joe and Maegen Cruz Family said...

Hey there congrats on your callings. sounds similar to mine and joes experience we were bith teachers in primary together and then I got called to br 1st counselor in yong womens and joe got called to be a counselor in elders quorm presidency I remember it was a big change for both of us. a president I know its even busier you guys are awesome and will do a great job pimary to yw is a switch but youll be able to help the girls in so many ways take and i wish you the best.

Heather said...

So you thought you were busy with primary, well young womens takes more of your time from home. Not to make it a bad thing, but it is reality. At least you don't have to be president. So it might be nice for someone else to be in charge. I think that all the time! :) Don't get me wrong I love it, but now with being pregnant I would love to just sit back and worry less!!! Oh and be home more too!