Tuesday, December 2, 2008

big sister feeds little brother







Kenton has been eating solids for a while and Kinsley has been watching me feed him this mush. Well, she got curious and said she wanted to help feed him. I must say, I was pretty surprised by how good she did. She actually loves to do it now and asks to feed him everytime I sit down to do it myself. She does get most of it in his mouth, but a good portion builds up all around. She actually adores her younger brother. She loves to get down on the ground and crawl around with him on the floor. They have a great time chasing each other around the house. She scampers off feigning fear that the baby monster is after her and he crawls after her - at a pretty good pace I might add - with a huge grin on his face and panting like a dog. It is actually quite hilarious and fun to see and hear. When he wakes up for a nap he sometimes gets fussy before I get to him. She will beat me in there and start cooing at him and talking to him to calm him down until I can get him. She is quite the little nurturer. It is funny, but she gets after me if I do not meet his every whim and need right when he starts to fuss. She'll come to me and say, "Mom! He's hungry! Are you going to feed him yet?" If she could lift him and carry him to me she would and demand I feed him then and there. She is a wonderful older sister. I don't know if I was ever that good as a little kid, but we'll see how long it lasts as they get older.

No comments: