Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The best gift ever!
















So for my birthday last September Geoff had given me a day off - meaning he would take one of his vacation days from work and would do whatever I wanted him to do. I knew I would have to wait until Kenton was old enough he could take a bottle so I was free to do what I wanted to do. So here we are only a month until he turns 1 and I sent Geoff with the kids off to St. George to visit his parents so I could have the weekend to myself to scrapbook. They left Thursday evening and returned Sunday evening. It was a weekend of almost complete bliss! I still had a lot of church things I had to do, but I still got in many hours of scrapbooking. All in all I got 17 pages all the way done, but about 30 more are already planned out with their layouts and papers already picked - they just need to be done. I worked on Kenton's baby book since I have not done any of it since he was born. I moved the ping pong table (ie. craft table) to the family room and covered it in most of my scrapbooking stuff. It was great! I sat on the couch and scrapbooked while going though season after season of Hogan's Heroes and a few episodes of Psych with the Heatons who came over Saturday night to keep me company until 2am! Oh and when you look at the ping pong table you will see Kinsley there and her cheeks are all red. Yes, she came home Sunday night and was fine. She woke up Monday morning covered in red spots which are I guess Roseola or German Measles or Rosello or Sixth day disease or......... there are like 10 different names for the same stupid illness. She looks absolutely sickly, but ironically enough she is not contagious anymore. It was the week previous to this when she showed no signs. Oh well, poor girl was devastated to find her whole body covered as it is! What a way to come off such a relaxing weekend.
So, all in all I had a wonderful weekend and it was a wonderful gift from Geoff! I have assured him he is always welcome to repeat that one at any time, for my sanity and his!

4 comments:

Katie Corley said...

Aubrey, I am so jealous of your scrapbook pages, they are absolutely adorable! What a wonderful gift!

Deirdre Eagar said...

Wow that is a great gift idea, I'll have to suggest that one to Wade! Your pages look great!

Unknown said...

Hey aubrey, this is Danesa. I found your blog through Kristen's. You have really cute kids. Good work on the scrabook pages, I really need to find time to do it. I haven't been able to work on Scott's and he's almost 5.

Brianna said...

Wow. How fun! You did such a good job too!